As Oracle Vision grows its Oracle Fire arm of the business, we’re looking for a skilled Fire and Electronic Security Engineer to join the team.
Fire & Security Engineer
As our new Fire & Security Engineer, you will report to our Operations Manager and work alongside our fantastic team of multi-skilled engineers to carry out maintenance works in all aspects of security systems.
You’ll be working exclusively on commercial projects – Oracle Vision do not operate within the domestic market.
As part of your role, you will carry out installations, system reactive and preventative maintenance works in all aspects of security systems. Your main focus will be on fire detection and intruder alarms, complying with all Health & Safety legislations. Other key responsibilities will include:
- Interacting with customers, providing high level support and giving recommendations for the customer and their systems.
- Providing complex integrated solutions, using the latest technologies for IP connectivity and operation.
- Working closely with major manufacturers of market-leading products to deploy ‘industry first’ applications.
- Developing your skill set, by attending training courses as required to increase product knowledge and awareness on all the disciplines the role requires.
- Using field engineering software with prompt and detailed submission of job detail and time sheets.
- Working outside in all-weather conditions and on our rota for out-of-hours emergency support and telephone assistance.
- Driving to and from various sites – a full UK driving licence is essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who enjoys working in a supportive team and taking pride in what they do.
We are looking for someone who has previously worked in a similar role and will be able to hit the ground running. Experience installing, testing, commissioning and servicing fire alarm systems and intruder alarms is a must, and experience with CCTV and access control is an advantage.
A key focus of this role is customer satisfaction and we’re looking for someone who will proactively strive to continuously improve in your work. You will be confident in your ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both in writing and orally. All of our team members are presentable and have excellent time management skills – you’ll be representing our brand, after all. It is important that you have a flexible and common-sense approach to work, as the role will include being a member of our call-out rota. You’ll also need a full UK driving license.
In exchange for all your hard work, we can offer:
- Excellent rates of pay based on knowledge and experience.
- Opportunities to grow your career in a friendly, supportive and dynamic workplace
- A friendly, helpful and personal atmosphere, working within a very dedicated team.
- A company culture that encourages performance and cooperation.
- A full-time contract of employment.
- A company smartphone, laptop, power tools and test equipment.
- All work clothing and PPE equipment.
- Ongoing training and support.
- On Call Standby allowance.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- 22 holidays per annum with a flexible holiday scheme that gives you the opportunity to buy up to 3 extra holidays per annum or sell up to 2.
- Paid staff social events.
- An understanding and flexible employer.
- Regular reviews and appraisals.
The Engineering hours are 8:00am – 5:00pm Monday to Friday totalling 40 hrs per week, however the engineer will be required to undertake reasonable overtime and expected to participate in our on-call scheme.
Due to the nature of the business, successful applicants will be subject to a satisfactory DBS and BS-7858 checks.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]