We have a fantasic opportunity for someone just starting their career in electronic security and fire detection, to join the Oracle Vision team as an apprentice. We’re well-known for the support we provide to trainees in the field – you can hear about the experience from some of our current trainees and apprentices on our insights page.
The Apprentice Electronic Security & Fire Detection Engineer visits our customer sites to help with high standard installations of fire and security systems, including intruder alarms, access control and CCTV systems. You will be working directly with a qualified engineer or as part of a small team. We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills, tons of enthusiasm and a can-do attitude, who is 100% committed to personal development. You will be supported by our fantastic team of multi-skilled engineers working on the latest technologies.
You will be responsible for:
- helping with the service, installation, commissioning, and repair of electronic security equipment
- systems support, including (but not limited to) IP/HD-CCTV, Access Control, Intruder Alarm, Fire Detection and Door Entry systems
- prompt and accurate completion of engineering documentation including commissioning documentation
- working outside in all kinds of environments, sometimes at heights
During your full-time apprenticeship you will be required to attend a day or block release at college or a training centre to obtain your level 3 qualification in fire detection and security systems (approx. 24/36 months). We also provide health and safety, internal and external industry training to help develop your skills.
We’re looking for someone with excellent communications skills. You will be eager to learn and develop your skill set, by attending training courses as required to increase product knowledge and awareness on all disciplines the role requires. You will be 100 % committed to the training program, presentable and demonstrste good time management skills. A full UK driving licence advantageous
Oracle Vision offers excellent benefits to our staff. On completion of the apprenticeship, you will have the opportunity to become a permanent member of our engineering team. You can look forward to growing your career in a friendly, supportive and dynamic workplace, with excellent personal development opportunities. We have a friendly, helpful and personal atmosphere here, and you’ll be working within a very dedicated team. This is a company culture that encourages performance and cooperation.
The successful candidate will be given:
- a company smartphone, laptop, power tools and test equipment
- all work clothing & PPE equipment
- ongoing training and support
- a company pension scheme
- 22 holidays per annum with a flexible holiday scheme that gives you the opportunity to buy up to 3 extra holidays per annum or sell up to 2
- paid staff social events
- regular reviews and appraisals
The Engineering hours are 8:00am – 5:00pm Monday to Friday, totalling 40 hrs per week. However, you will be required to undertake reasonable overtime.
Due to the nature of the business, successful applicants will be subject to a satisfactory DBS and BS-7858 checks including police level security clearance.