Oracle Vision has a fantastic opportunity for a talented finance manager to join us in a part-time role as a maternity cover. You’ll be on board at a time when we’re growing our business, and you’ll have the chance to support us with our expansion. We’re looking for someone positive, with a real can-do attitude, who can get the job done and be a great team player.
You’ll be based from our gorgeous offices at the Nostell Estate. Reporting into the Board of Directors, you’ll be responsible for:
- creating and presenting monthly management accounts to the Board
- trial balance reconciliation on monthly basis
- ensuring ledgers are accurate at month end
- processing quarterly VAT returns
- checking and authorising monthly payroll
- checking and authorising supplier payment runs
- cashflow forecasting
- processing payroll year-end including generating P11D documentation and submitting Class 1A information to HMRC
- attending and contributing to monthly management meetings
- ensuring accurate intercompany charges, in line with our agreed process
- maintening the fixed asset register
- attending and contributing to weekly project meetings
- monitoring job profitability and reporting issues to the team
- attending vehicle and liability insurance renewal meetings
- providing support to the finance administrator
- arranging finance and/or hire/lease vehicles as and when required
- constantly evaluating processes and systems and implementing improvements
In exchange for all that hard work, we offer some fantastic benefits. This role comes with excellent rates of pay, based on your knowledge and your level of experience. You’ll have access to the company pension scheme, a flexible holiday scheme and paid staff social events (hopefully more of a ‘thing’ in 2021!). But more than that, Oracle Vision offers an excellent place to work, where people work hard and really look after each other. You’ll have an opportunity to really grow your career in this role, and we’ll support you with that.
We’re a friendly bunch, and our people are our most important asset. We’re looking for our next teammate to be:
- experienced in producing monthly management accounts, reconciling trial balances, processing payroll and VAT Returns.
- comfortable using Xero
- part or fully CIMA/ACCA qualified
- personable, approachable and happy to work within a team where everyone is treated as an equal
This is a part-time role of 22.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Proposed hours would be 9:30am to 2pm but this can be discussed as part of the interview. We’re looking for someone to stay with us for a minimum of nine months. Due to the nature of the business, successful applicants will be subject to a satisfactory DBS and BS-7858 checks.